Environmental Land Management
Wednesday, January 27 2020
Our fifth Digital Insights webinar took place on Wednesday 27th January at 18:00.
The webinar outlined what we know about the Environmental Land Management (ELM) Scheme so far, with an update on policy, followed by an outline of key environmental approaches and guidance on assessing sustainability.
Speakers for the January webinar included:
- Phil Jarvis, Chairman, NFU Environment Forum
- Phil explored the journey from current farm payment and agri-environment schemes, which will transition through to Environmental Land Management
- Karen Fisher, Farming Adviser, Soil Association
- Karen focused on an insight into agroecology, discussing What is agroecology? Embracing the agroecological approach and some of the benefits.
- Adele Jones, Head of Programmes, Sustainable Food Trust
- Adele discussed the need for an internationally harmonised framework for measuring farm and food system sustainability.
- Host – David Jacobmeyer, Organiser, Low Carbon Agriculture Show
We recommend using Google Chrome to view the Digital Insights webinars.